Can you find more errors (was Daniel's 70 weeks #6)

From: AutismUK@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 05:29:29 EST

    In a message dated 05/12/00 22:49:00 GMT Standard Time, sejones@iinet.net.au
    writes:

    As a postscript, I have copied the same passage again and have noted all
    the errors, unsupported assertions, or dishonest argument tactics used in 9
    lines.

    So far I have 14 ; some of which are related to others.

    Anyone spot any more ?

    >But as Geisler points out above there were some prophecies (like Mic 5:2 and
    >Dan 9:24-27) that were outside the power of Jesus or His followers to
    >fulfill, unless Jesus was who He said He was.

    >PR>Or unless the Gospel authors fashioned the story to fit the prophecy.

     See previous post on this. It is easy for amateur critics like Paul to
    blithely
     say this, because they never have to work through the details and
     implications of their `the Gospel authors were frauds' theory. My
     understanding is that few (if any) of even the radical critical theologians
     have maintained this. It is just too psychologically absurd that a group of
     Jews would author some of the highest ethical teaching the world has ever
     seen, and then be prepared to die for those teachings, when all along they
     were just frauds who made the whole thing up.

    [1] "Amateur" buzz word implying "knows damn all"
    [2] Blithely - emotionally toned word
    [3] Assumption argument not thought through
    [4] Assumes implication of fraud because of "fashioned the story"
    [5] False dichotomy, probably part of 2] ; between "frauds who made whole
    thing up" and "Jesus was who he said he was".
    [6] "Radical Critical" buzz words meaning "don't listen to them".
    [7] Fraud - extension of "fashioning the story"
    [8] Absurd, emotionally toned word
    [9] Assumption of "highest ethical teachings"
    [10] Assumption authors died for those teaching (Jones admits the
    authorship is tradition !)
    [11] Assumption of accuracy of reporting in Bible, related to 7
    [12] Assumption people will not die for things they "know" to be false
    [ignores delusional aspect]
    [13] Assumption that Gospel authors knew it was true, as opposed to
    (say) being told it by someone else.
    [14] Assumption that changing a part means "made the whole thing up" -
    extension error.