Intelligent Design

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 15:04:17 EDT

    Repeating myself, but the effect of religion can be investigated
    statistically. These days many medical, biological, and physical studies
    are statistical. Could even have blind studies. For example, we ask a
    group of non-literate Christians in Africa to pray by name for half the
    cancer patients at Sloan-Kettering without tellling the patients.

    billwald@juno.com
    _______________________

    Hi Bill,
    I remembered the name of the doctor. (sorry, everyone, about pushing the
    wrong address button) Dr. Larry Dossey has conducted experiments where
    patients were unaware of who was being prayed for. Prayer was determined to
    have a statistically significant effect. Also the Princeton anomalies lab
    has determined that ESP has a tiny but consistently measurable effect.

    Both of these results are probably not large enough to satify "believers",
    and "non believers" merely declare fraud. In the present climate of
    materialism, we will never know. As one materialist once said,
    "Why, I wouldn't believe that stuff even if it were true!"

    Bertvan
    http://members.aol.com/bertvan