Re: Intelligent Design

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 21:37:36 EDT

    Bertvan:
    I wouldn't limit science. Science should be free to investigate
    astrology,
    religion, psychology or anything else. "Dislike" doesn't describe my
    attitude toward any of them. I'm simply not impressed with results so
    far
    achieved. I can even think of ways to try to scientifically investigate
    religion, although I wouldn't be optimistic of much success. I don't
    "dislike" "random mutation and natural selection". I don't feel the
    evidence
    supports it as a cause of macro evolution.
    <<<<

    Repeating myself, but the effect of religion can be investigated
    statistically. These days many medical, biological, and physical studies
    are statistical. Could even have blind studies. For example, we ask a
    group of non-literate Christians in Africa to pray by name for half the
    cancer patients at Sloan-Kettering without tellling the patients.

    billwald@juno.com
    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.