Re: Intelligent Design

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 16:12:56 EDT

    >I disagree here. It is not that science rejects these ideas, science
    simply
    >cannot address them at all. It is impossible to evaluate them as good or
    >poor.

    Science can't address the possibility of God working in ancient days but
    it doesn't matter what God did in the past if he has lost interest in
    micromanagement now. If God is differentially treating Christians and
    non-believers his results should be subject to statistical analysis. For
    example, it was recently reported that a study indicates that people who
    believe in God have fewer health problems BUT that the effect was equal
    between Christians and other religions. Either it is the religious
    mind-set which produces the effect or the Christian God is not top dog.

    Seventh Day Adventists claim they are healthier because they keep the OT
    dietary laws but they also keep the Surgeon General's health laws.

    Say there was a drought in the midwestern states. We could ask all
    Christians to pray for Nebraska and Wiccans to pray for the surrounding
    states. If it only rained in Nebraska . . . .

    billwald@juno.com
    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.