To all uncommitted lurkers

From: Richard Wein (rwein@lineone.net)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 05:23:43 EDT

    From: Stephen E. Jones <sejones@iinet.net.au>

    >My recommendation is not to bite and in the end they look bad. There are a
    >lot of uncommitted lurkers on this List and they can see which side
    >presents the evidence and which side mostly just insults and intimidates.

    Stephen has several times referred to these mysterious uncommitted lurkers.
    I rather doubt whether they exist, but I would be interested to know if they
    do. It would give some purpose to the debate here. Without an uncommitted
    audience the debate is futile, as creationists/IDers are not open to
    rational argument, and evolutionists are not going to be influenced by the
    irrational arguments of the creationists/IDers.

    So, all you uncommitted lurkers out there, if you exist, please speak up and
    make yourselves known.

    Richard Wein (Tich)
    "Do the calculation. Take the numbers seriously. See if the underlying
    probabilities really are small enough to yield design."
      -- W. A. Dembski, who has never presented any calculation to back up his
    claim to have detected Intelligent Design in life.