Re: To all uncommitted lurkers

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 14:42:11 EDT

    >>Richard Wein: It would give some purpose to the debate here. Without an
    uncommitted audience the debate is futile, as creationists/IDers are not open
    to rational argument, and evolutionists are not going to be influenced by the
    irrational arguments of the creationists/IDers.

    DNAunion: Does this sound like a "political" speach to anybody? Richard
    recognizes the existence of the uncommitted (even speaking directly to them
    at points) and launches a propaganda attack on the opposing side: of course,
    without exposing any of his "party's" own dirty little secrets.

    >>SeJones: I presume a major problem is the personal abuse, putting down,
    and intimidation that issues mainly from the Evolution side. Very few people
    could have the courage to submit to that. I personally have developed a
    thick skin now, but when I started I was *shocked* by the ridicule and abuse
    that mostly emanated from the Evolution side.

    DNAunion: Yes, it appears that I must just learn to live with the prejudice
    of many on the opposing side - as opposed to hoping they will change - and
    develop a thicker skin myself. My over-reactions to their insults/attacks
    probably do more harm for me, than my continually exposing their original
    unfounded attacks do for the opponents.

    >>SeJones: What was particularly shocking was that the worst offenders were
    those evolutionists who claimed to be *Christians*.

    DNAunion: So you found this to be true also. I posted a couple weeks ago
    that the worst abuses I have faced came from theistic evolutionists (which is
    about synonymous with your "Christian evolutionists").

    >>>Richard Wein: So, all you uncommitted lurkers out there, if you exist,
    please speak up and make yourselves known.

    DNAunion: After handing out his propaganda phamphlets to the uncommited
    (that is, "creationists/IDers are not open to rational argument, and
    evolutionists are not going to be influenced by the irrational arguments of
    the creationists/IDers", i.e., the other side is stupid and we are
    intelligent) Richard extends a warm heartfelt welcome directly to them asking
    them to make their presence known. How "political" of him. I can just about
    picture him shaking their hands and kissing their babies!

    [...]