Re: To all uncommitted lurkers

From: Emm Foster (efoster@lib.drury.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 05:08:55 EDT

    Richard Wein wrote:

    > So, all you uncommitted lurkers out there, if you exist, please speak up and
    > make yourselves known.

    Hi,

    I am an uncommitted lurker who would love to be committed, but I lack
    time and it is not always easy for me to express my thoughts in English.
    I have a scientific background (more specifically in vegetal biology). I
    had a culture shock when I moved to the US and discovered the
    creationists. Got interested in their claims, discovered talk.origins;
    as a christian I especially appreciated discovering Glen Morton's site
    and I subscribed to this mailing list especially because of him, wishing
    to find more civil and scientific debates than on TO. I don't really
    pay attention to the difference of opinions which nuances I don't always
    catch or personal comments which often are rethoric games, I am more
    interested in the references the different members post.
    So far no creationist argument has really conviced me. However, I found
    very healthy to examine some of my scientific "beliefs" in some domain
    and to go back to the primary litterature to refresh my memory and to be
    able to examine the value of an argument. Since I got interested in this
    issue I have learned a lot outside my field of speciality.

    Regards

    Emmanuelle