Re: Designed Designers?

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 13:12:33 EDT

    Dear Bertvan

    > If someone wants to define science as
    >excluding the "supernatural", they must exclude free will, spontaneity,
    and
    >creativity. I am convinced they all exist as a part of reality.
    However
    >all three are at the present time"supernatural" in that science has no
    >explanation for them - no way to measure or define them.

    Agreed. Supernatural stuff is not less real than hard science, it is
    analyzed by different rules.

    Spontaneity and creativity are observable even if not physically
    measurable.
    I can't think of any observable characteristics for free will. Why do you
    classify
    it with spontaneity and creativity? Is not what people call free will
    actually what we observe as spontaneity? Isn't free will primarially a
    religious presupposition?

    billwald@juno.com

    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.