RFEP & ID

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@chartermi.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 09:16:54 EDT

    To all who are unfamiliar with the RFEP (Robust Formational Economy
    Principle) and its relevance to the ID (Intelligent Design) movement:

    1. I hereby offer to send via e-mail (as an attachment in MS Word) to anyone
    who requests it, a copy of my paper, "Is the Creation a 'Right Stuff'
    Universe?" published in the December, 2002, issue of the ASA journal,
    Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith.

    This paper gives my answers (in Q&A format) to the following questions:

    1. What is the RFEP?

    2. If the universe satisfies the RFEP, is divine creative action thereby
    excluded or somehow made "remote"?

    3. Why does the scientific community judge that the universe satisfies the
    RFEP?

    4. Why do I judge that the creation is a right stuff universe?

    5. What is episodic creationism?

    6. What is folk science?

    7. Are the particular theories of episodic creationist folk science
    necessarily suspect?

    8. Where does Intelligent Design (ID) fit into this picture?

    9. What is my evaluation of ID?

    2. Persons who are willing to do the requisite homework to become familiar
    with the specific claims of William Dembski in his book, No Free Lunch, and
    my evaluation of these claims, please go to the AAAS website
    http://www.aaas.org/spp/dser/ and click on "Van Till and Dembski on
    Intelligent Design."

    Howard Van Till