Re: RFEP & ID

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@chartermi.net)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 11:07:31 EDT

    >From: "Steve Petermann" <steve@spetermann.org>

    > Howard wrote:
    >> 1. That's a remarkably generous way of scoring this game. Your are saying,
    >> in effect, that even the nuttiest of proposals may be given credit for
    >> stimulating responsible scientists to do better science. True, perhaps,
    > but
    >> that doesn't make the nutty proposal any less nutty, does it?
    >
    > Nutty? Can you make a case for that characterization?

    Relax, Steve. I didn't call any particular proposal "nutty." I was merely
    looking at the logic of your earlier remark that, "Any challenge to current
    theory in science creates an impetus for new creativity." What I pointed
    out was that, while that might be the case, it contributes nothing to the
    credibility of the proposal.

    Howard Van Till