Re: RFEP & ID

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@chartermi.net)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 08:20:20 EDT

    Michael had asked:

    >> Can anyone give me one example where ID has been fruitful in science? I
    >> cannot think of one example.

    Steve answered:

    > Sure. It has forced Darwinists to look a lot work harder at how
    > microbiological evolution works. Any challenge to current theory in science
    > creates an impetus for new creativity.

    Two comments:

    1. That's a remarkably generous way of scoring this game. Your are saying,
    in effect, that even the nuttiest of proposals may be given credit for
    stimulating responsible scientists to do better science. True, perhaps, but
    that doesn't make the nutty proposal any less nutty, does it?

    2. I don't think you actually answered Michael's question. I think his
    question was, Can anyone give me an instance in which ID-based research
    produced a uniquely ID-grounded explanation that could be held up as a
    better scientific explanation than those contributed by conventional
    science?

    Howard Van Till