RE: RFEP & ID

From: james.behnke@asbury.edu
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 11:21:48 EDT

    Generally, when we describe someone as a "Darwinian," we are saying that
    they believe that gradualism and selection are the important features in an
    evolutionary process. It seems that ecologists tend to be hard-core
    Darwinian.

    Non-Darwinian biologists view drift, founder effects, macromutations (those
    with multiple effects) and similar processes as the important mechanisms in
    an evolutionary pathway. S.J. Gould popularized this in the punctuated
    equilibrium model.

    Jim Behnke james.behnke@asbury.edu
    Asbury College
    Wilmore, KY 40390 859-858-3511 x 2232