Re: ASA Perspective

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 04:09:34 EST

    Without naming names or quoting...

    I've begun to look through the posts since about 6:00 last night.

    You all are very bright people. Already, I think we have enough
    discussion material for TWO YEARS, if we handle it right...

    And I will once again say thank you to whoever came up with the
    idea for the ASA listserv and whoever made it happen...

    Since joining the ASA listserv about a month ago, at various times
    I have been frustrated by generalizations. I don't learn anything
    from them, and they cost me time.

    Here are my impressions from my first month:

    We all more or less agree that the Bible is the Word of God, or that
    at the very least God had something to do with it!!!!

    There are many potential discussions besides Biblical accuracy.
    But Biblical accuracy is the one that I feel strongest about, so I
    think that I will comment on that.

    If you don't think the Bible is accurate somewhere, SAY WHERE!!!!!
    I already believe the Bible is accurate, except for translator/scribal
    errors. And I agree with many who have stated that discussion of
    interpretation is extremely beneficial.

    Jim