Re: ASA Perspective

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 10:49:41 EST

    Jim Eisele wrote:

    > If you don't think the Bible is accurate somewhere, SAY WHERE!!!!!
    > I already believe the Bible is accurate, except for translator/scribal
    > errors. And I agree with many who have stated that discussion of
    > interpretation is extremely beneficial.

     KJV:

                              GENESIS 1

    25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle
    after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his
    kind: and God saw that it was good.
    26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and
    let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of
    the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every
    creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

                                GENESIS 2

    18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I
    will make him an help meet for him.
    19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field,
    and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he
    would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living
    creature, that was the name thereof.

    Which was created first, man or beast? Which is accurate and which is
    not? If both are accurate, please explain.

    Walt

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

    In any consistent theory, there must