Imago Dei

From: John W. Burgeson (johnburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 17:43:15 EST

    Dick Fischer wrote: "... if bara means an act of special creation and if
    'adam is
    Adam, then the image originates about 7,000 years ago and follows the
    line of
    descent of the Jews until Christ makes it available for all.

    Today, if you like the first choice, everyone is in the image of God. If
    you
    prefer the second choice (as I do), then it only accrues to followers of
    Christ."

    No, I don't "like" the last part of the last sentence.

    More to the point, I don't see it as reasonable.

    When I was a non-Christian, it says, then I was not Imago Dei.
    Then, sometime in 1960 or 1961 I became one, and your thesis
    says I then became Imago Dei.

    Hard to pick up on that one, Dick.

    I know, by my thesis Adolf Hitler was an Imago Dei. Well, as sick as he
    certainly was, I still think he was Imago Dei.

           Burgy

    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.