Re: Imago Dei

From: PHSEELY@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 20:53:01 EST

    Dick wrote,

    <<Here is Gen. 9:12: "And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I
    make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for
    perpetual generations ..." The covenant was for the animals and the
    offspring of those animals that had to suffer seasickness for a year riding
    with Noah. That
    would include no human beings other than Noah, his wife, his sons and their
    wives,
    and their future generations.>>

    According to your theory, the Noahic covenant is just for the descendants of
    Noah and his sons. But, in the Bible after the Flood, every nation, every
    people that they knew of, were considered descendants of Noah and his sons
    (Gen 10:1, 32); and every nation, every people they knew of, were considered
    "sons of Adam" (Deut 32:8; Ps 14:2). Every nation on earth after the Flood
    was made up of "Adamites" as far as the Bible is concerned: Midianites (Nb
    31:35, 40), Egyptians (Isaiah 31:3), Elamites (Isaiah 22:6), and the heathen
    in general, the "goim," have idols made with adamic hands (2Kgs 19:17,18).
    You can disallow the Australians, Chinese, American Indians, and any other
    people they did not mention, but only because the Israelites did not know
    these lands and peoples existed. If these people had been known, it seems
    probable that they would have been mentioned as descendants of Noah and as
    "Adamites." It looks to me like your theory, at least for the time after the
    Flood, is resting on an argument from silence, not biblical revelation.

    Paul S.