Re: Imago Dei

From: Adam Crowl (qraal@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 21:03:40 EST

    Hi ASA

    Dick I agree with your historical setting for the Flood though I'm a bit
    uncertain about the correlation with Rameses II. Evidence suggests that he
    was the historical "Shishak" of the Bible and hence dates to c. 950 BC. The
    date for the Exodus should probably be retained at the Biblical c.1450 BC,
    though the "480 years" of 1 Kings 6:1 maybe be a truncation of the actual
    span between Exodus and Temple.

    Hence the Flood would date to c. 2300 by the Masoretic text, or perhaps 3100
    BC by the LXX. I suspect you're close with 2900.

    Adam