Re: I also support the moderator

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 07:51:17 EST

In a message dated 12/14/2004 8:46:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Roger G. Olson" <rogero@saintjoe.edu> writes:

>Rich Faussette,
>
>I'm fairly new here, and I'd like to know what your views are concerning the state of Israel.  Does it have the right to exist?  Is its existence mainly a result of a conspiracy of international Jewry?  Do you view Israel's extant political system on a par with the theocracies of its neighboring Islamic states?

No one here is entirely without personal prejudice.  If your curious, my background wrt "Jewry" is that I grew up in NYC with mostly Jewish classmates and in a very conservative Christian church that was most definitely pro-Israel (perhaps even "Zionist").  Forgive me for my narrow-mindedness, but I come down squarely on the Israel side of the middle-East conflict.  We all need a starting point, and this is mine.  It
certainly didn't help to see televised footage of Palestian children jumping up and down screaming in delight at the sight of the World Trade Center towers collapsing on September 11, 2001.

If all one had read was your post on International Jewry, one would assume one was in 1934 instead of 2004.  Sorry, but -- a priori -- that's my gut reaction.

In God's Peace,

Roger

I'm not sorry, Roger. My post was accurate. Do you conveniently forget the Israelis who were arrested on the Jersey shore for jumping up and down and congratulating one another as the towers fell? They were released without explanation when Israel complained. That's why I tell the other side of the story. I also grew up in NYC. I grew up on the campus of Yeshiva University at 184th street.
Do you know that the FBI is investigating AIPAC? Do you know that while liberal Christians embrace liberalism and move away from their religion, the ultra-conservative Haredi in Israel dominate Israeli politics. You talk about Jews as if they are defenseless without your support.

You wrote:
Do you view Israel's extant political system on a par with the theocracies of its neighboring Islamic states?

Israel is a theocracy run by religious courts and dedicated to moving all non-Jews out of Jerusalem. Didn't you read the recent story of the orthodox Christian prelate whose crucifix was spat upon by a yeshiva student and threatened with arrest because he slapped the student while the student was not reprimanded by the Israelis? Why, because the rabbis encourage it. That's a common fact. Read Noah Efron's Real Jews. Maybe you'll believe an Israeli. Do you believe the Bible?

"The land which you are entering and will possess is a polluted land, polluted by the foreign population with their abominable practices, which have made it unclean from end to end. Therefore do not give your daughters in marriage to their sons, and do not marry your sons to their daughters, and never seek their welfare or prosperity. Thus you will be strong and enjoy the good things of the land, and pass it on to your children as an everlasting possession.
Ezra 11:9-13
Do you think the religious orthodox live by those lines above or do you think they ignore them?
Israel came to exist out of the Balfour Declaration and Jewish terrorism. They blew up British soldiers when recognition of Israel and Israeli independence didn't come fast enough. Jews were emigrating to Palestine when it was under the Ottoman Empire around the turn of the 20th century. The Ottomans outlawed their further immigration but couldn't stop it.

Let me ask you - what is the World Jewish Congress?
Would you call that a local organization or an international one? Not being facetious, just demonstrating how wrong your assumptions are.
Did you know the ACLU is a Jewish run organization? That they're also the people removing Christianity from the public arena? That is was almost exclusively Jews who trashed Gibson's Passion of Christ?
Thanks
rich