Re: So what?!

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 17:44:48 EST

    Re: So what?!Howard,

    Thank you for writing, but you misrepresent me. I have for some 25 years attempted to bring these features of the Bible's opening words to the attention of others - fellow Christians, in particular. Basing my expectations on 'normal practice', I believed that empirical data of this quality and significance would be eagerly grasped and propagated by others. Nothing of the kind has happened, of course! And I wondered why - eventually finding the answer in Gen.8:21, Psalm 2 and Jer.17:9. I therefore do no more than remind people of what God has said about us _all_. What is 'self-serving' and 'arrogant' about that? And where is the 'abuse of Scripture' that you speak of ? These characteristics of the human condition prompted the Incarnation, and all that followed. Clearly, there was no other way!

    Vernon
    http://www.otherbiblecode.com