EGO TRIP

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 22:03:01 EST

    EGO TRIP !!?

    Vernon Jenkins wrote:

    > Howard, Thank you for writing, but you
    > misrepresent me. I have for some 25 years
    > attempted to bring these features of the Bible's
    > opening words to the attention of others -
    > fellow Christians, in particular. Basing my
    > expectations on 'normal practice', I believed
    > that empirical data of this quality and
    > significance would be eagerly grasped and
    > propagated by others. Nothing of the kind has
    > happened, of course! And I wondered why -
    > eventually finding the answer in Gen.8:21, Psalm
    > 2 and Jer.17:9. I therefore do no more than
    > remind people of what God has said about us
    > _all_. What is 'self-serving' and 'arrogant'
    > about that? And where is the 'abuse of
    > Scripture' that you speak of ? These
    > characteristics of the human condition prompted
    > the Incarnation, and all that followed. Clearly,
    > there was no other way

    Actually, Vernon , there is another way. It starts
    with humility instead of arrogance (you should
    look up the actual meaning of that word)

    Instead of being so pompous and "know it all", You
    never even concede that your ideas may be rejected
    because.

    1.) They may be wrong

    2.) You present them too arrogantly (i.e. with
    pomposity). Try thinking a bit and then try
    presenting your ideas a bit more humbly ------
    then people may listen for a while

    Walt

    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>