Re: Adam vs. 'adam / one cult's solution?

From: Stuart d Kirkley (stucandu@lycos.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 18:17:48 EDT

    Are you an objective thinker, sir, do you know what objectivity is?

    Yes, I am a Christian Scientist, but you knew that didn't you? What
    type of scientist are you?

    Hurling insults only reveals your unwillingness to think things
    through objectively, and belies your own frustration at not being
    able to comprehend an alternate, and yes, perhaps radical, concept.
    Of course they all thought Copernicus was nuts even when he
    demonstrated that the earth was not at the centre of the universe.
    Now, who do you think is laughing.

    Don't be so swift to discount a novel idea or different
    interpretation of things, you might miss the boat. Truth is rarely
    easily discerned, that's one of the reasons we have science. Jesus
    was greatly misunderstood, he still is, but we all would be pretty
    lost without him. That's the way it is for all trailblazers and
    pathfinders, they are mostly misunderstood and castigated for their
    radical views but later are revered and exalted. Why? Because they
    challenge the status quo, they demand the need to go deeper and
    forego preconceived ideas in order to understand their meaning and
    reap the benefits of a better and perhaps truer understanding of
    reality. If you read the Bible literally, you will get one meaning,
    but there are intelligent ways to read it which may reveal a whole
    new universe of ideas, if you have an open mind. If you have a closed
    mind, it only gets closed tighter in the end. That's the way
    intelligence works. You have to think things through, or you don't
    get !
    it.
      Sorry, I don't make the rules, that's just the way it is.

    Try to keep up.

    The King James version of the Bible in 1 Cor 15:45-47; Paul states in
    verse 46 "Howbeit that (Adam, from verse 45) was not first (ie Gen 1)
    which is spiritual (God's true man, or Christ), but that which is
    natural (Adam, made from the dust, after the first creation); and
    afterward that which is spiritual (Christ Jesus, or the Word (Christ)
    made flesh (Jesus). Remember that Jesus declared, 'before Abraham
    was, I am'. Since Jesus (the man) wasn't around back then, he must
    have been referring to something else. His immortal spiritual nature
    perhaps, the one he refers to when he said "Lo, I am with you alway".
    In my religion, this eternal immortal spiritual idea is revealed to
    be the 'Christ', or God's true spiritual idea, or creation, the true
    spiritual nature of Jesus, and of all creation, everyone, for we are
    all 'heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ' (Rom 8:14-17, pretty
    important stuff)

    There's no dyslexia here, quite the opposite, should you find
    yourself 'led by the Spirit of God' .

    As for the juxtaposition, I quite clearly stated that scholarly
    research has revealed that Gen 2 was written some 500 years after Gen
    1. So they are 2 different accounts, obviously, and they are placed
    together for a reason. I simply suggest an explanation for that.

    There are all kinds of conflicting scriptures throughout the Bible.
    Remember how Jesus declares that the Old testament said "an eye for
    an eye" and then he refuted that by saying, "love your enemies".
    Many ideas in the Scriptures, particularly from the OT, are
    constantly challenged by Jesus, and his followers. That's why it's
    called the New Testament. The New Testament sheds light on the Old,
    and 'makes all things new'. Christ is the light, 'he that followeth
    me (Christ, seeing how Jesus is not around any more) shall not walk
    in darkness, but shall have the light of life.' 'As in Adam all die,
    even so in Christ shall all be made alive.'

    Gen,1- Christ, Gen 2 _Adam
    Christ -first- spiritual; Adam -second- natural or material.
    Christ- immortal, eternal, Adam- mortal, temporal

    Christ is eternal and immortal, Adam is temporal and mortal. God
    raised Christ Jesus up from mortality, and his entire mission was to
    reveal the immortality and unimpaired eternal state of being, not
    just his own, but everyones', as he demonstrated by restoring
    physical, mental, and moral health to the multitudes. He rose people
    up from the dead. And he taught his disciples how to do the same
    works as him. Furthermore, he challenged all his followers to do the
    same works as he did, and greater works.This is no joke, sir. No
    laughing matter at all.

    Christian Science has been restoring that lost healing element to
    Christianity for over 125 years now. There have been tens of
    thousands of truly remarkable and fully verified healings that have
    been effected through devout prayer by consecrated Christian
    Scientists. And yes, sir, there have been several instances of people
    being brought back to life after death had found them, through this
    same scientific approach to prayer. So don't be so quick to discount
    something you unfortuntely have very little understanding of. The
    legacy of naysayers and doubters is a long one, just ask Copernicus.
    If you really consider yourself a scientific and objective thinker,
    you have to go a littler deeper to get to what's real.

    By the way, you should really look up the meaning of the word 'cult'
    in a good dictionary. And while you are at it you might check on the
    definition of 'tolerance' as well.
    Also, unless you are prepared to have a civil, intelligent, and
    mature discussion of this topic, please refreain from replying. There
    are all kinds of sites designed for rants and myopic criticism. This
    isn't one of them.

    Stuart Kirkley

    On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:06:52
      MikeSatterlee wrote:
    >Stucandu wrote: In 1 Cor 15:45-47 we find an explanation for the 2 different
    >accounts
    >of creation in Genesis.
    >
    >We do?
    >
    >Stu wrote: Of prime importance is Paul's statement in verse 46, that the
    >first man (first account) is spiritual, and then 'that which is natural'.
    >
    >Verse 46 in my Bible says that the natural man came first and then the
    >spiritual. What Bible are you reading?
    >
    >Stu wrote: [Paul] quite clearly states that Adam was not first, but that the
    >spiritual creation is first.
    >
    >Stu, you wouldn't by any chance be dyslexic, would you?
    >
    >Stu wrote: They [the two creation accounts supposedly here referred to by
    >Paul] are juxtaposed to reveal the distinction between the 'earthy' man and
    >the 'heavenly' man.
    >
    >Who says they are "juxtaposed"?
    >
    >Stu wrote: the spiritual creation in Gen 1 is the true creation and the
    >material account (Gen 2) is the false account.
    >
    >A "false account" in scripture? Hmmmmmmm. Stu, you wouldn't by any chance be
    >a Christian Scientist or a member of some other Bible mangling cult, would
    >you?
    >
    >Stu wrote: You can choose either account to believe as being true, but only
    >one really is true.
    >
    >Sorry, Stu, I choose to believe that all of God's word is true. In spite of
    >whatever Mary Baker Eddy or Rev. Moon or whoever else you may be listening to
    >has told you.
    >
    >Mike

    See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
    http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp