Re: Adam vs. 'adam / one cult's solution?

From: MikeSatterlee@cs.com
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 18:58:05 EDT

    Stuart,

    You wrote: Yes, I am a Christian Scientist, but you knew that didn't you?

    No, I did not. But I thought you might be. Either that or a Moonie. I've
    talked to both before. You sounded a bit like both of them.

    I wont bother discussing this subject matter or any other here with you
    because I believe that it is you who is most likely not capable of objective
    thinking. Christian Scientists cannot read the Bible objectively. In fact,
    Mary Baker Eddy's book Science and Health is subtitled "Key to the
    Scriptures." To accept her as having provided us with a "key" to
    understanding the scriptures is to reject what the scriptures themselves tell
    us, that we would need anyone to teach us, for the Holy Spirit Himself would
    be our teacher. (1 John 1:26,27)

    I believe that the Holy Spirit has taught me that Mary Baker Eddy was a false
    teacher, and that her teachings that Genesis 2 never happened, that it was
    all some bad dream Adam had, that our physical world does not really even
    exist, and that disease is not caused by germs, are all absolute foolishness.

    You object to the word cult being applied to your religion. But any religion
    that creates a mindset where some people would rather die than seek medical
    attention, due to their following the highly questionable biblical
    interpretations of some self-proclaimed prophet, or in this case prophetess,
    in my estimation is a Cult with a capital C.

    I recommend you read some "objective" books and articles on your church and
    on the woman who founded it.

    Mike