moderated list?

From: Ted Davis (tdavis@messiah.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 08:05:43 EDT

    I've already made my suggestion to Terry, but I'll restate it here. I
    recommend that, in lieu of a fully moderated listserve (which will be a lot
    of work for someone and reduce the *good* kind of spontaneous exchanges),
    that we have a "death penalty." In this scenario there is a moderator, but
    her/his role in this case is simply to "kill" a subscriber who is repeatedly
    out of line. The moderator makes that call, in response to complaints sent
    privately to the moderator by subscribers. I don't think this would happen
    often, but it certainly would have happened already a few times. For
    example, we wouldn't have had to put up with the "scientific proof of God"
    for more than a couple of days, and name calling can be halted abruptly.

    Ted Davis