RE: moderated list?

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 22:59:39 EDT

    I had expressed reservations to Terry about going moderated. Some of the
    chit-chat that some complain about, I find useful if only to get to know the
    personality of the people I meet here electronically. Staying strictly on
    topic is both boring and impossible, for me at least as some have complained
    over the years. I think the suggestion of a death penalty might be a good
    compromise. That way Terry gets to do what he does for a living rather than
    reading all our posts, which sometimes can be boring, especially mine.
    However, my only worry is that occasionally I have had to be called to
    account for overstepping the bounds and would hate to have suffered the
    death penalty at that time.

    personal stories of strugg