RE: Bears and Stuff

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 21:21:03 EDT

     Hi Dick, you win. You have successfully shown how apologists ignore and
    avoid discussing data which might force a change in their views. I will
    make a couple of comments and let you have the last word after that.

    [non-responsive soliloquy on off-topic stuff deliged.

    >And I might suggest taking some memory pills. The reason we are discussing
    >bears is because of animal sacrifice.
    >
    >"We," as in you and me, are not discussing bears.

    I noticed, Dick. I present evidence that shows animal sacrifice occurred
    prior to your precious 7000 years and you ably ignore it by writing on
    Havilah.
    [snip]

    >Absolutely! The world was populated in the millions 7,000 years ago. But
    >my point has been that Adam is historical, Adam appeared long after the
    >human race got its start, Adam has a place we can identify. And
    >sacrificing
    >farm-type animals as a covering for sin, or an offering to God (or gods),
    >seems to have commenced in the same region at the same time.

    So is it your position that the important thing in determining spirituality
    is that it is FARM ANIMALS that are sacrificed and the beliefs of the
    individual about an afterlife, sin etc are not important in determining
    sprituality at all? That is the only reason I can see for you to hold that
    position. I guess a misbehaving sheep dog who sacrifices one of his sheep
    in his charge and then eats it (as humans do with sacrificed sheep) is
    displaying the image of God. Go Fido!

    >If the data that I report is subject to change with future discovery, then
    >so is yours.
    >
    >Agreed.

    Then doesn't it seem silly for you to have claimed that one shouldn't accept
    my data because it might be changed by future discovery? Let's deal with
    future discovery when it happens.

    >There is more to the world than Mesopotamia, Dick. Lift your head and look
    >around. It is a big, wide world out there full of activities which didn't
    >take place in Mesopotamia.
    >
    >Again, agreed.

    But then you spend lots of time ignoring everything that might impinge on
    your Mesopotamian views. Effectively you are saying don't confuse me with
    any fact that doesn't support my viewpoint. I think that is what Henry
    Morris does as effectively as you. Indeed it is what is morally wrong about
    Christian apologetics.

    You got the last word. I won't waste more time on this thread.

    personal stories of struggle