Re: cosmology & polygamy

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. (dfsiemensjr@juno.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 13:47:11 EDT

    On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:43:30 -0400 george murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
    writes:

    > Agreed. WWJD ist OK as a broad ethical principle (cf. Phil.2:5) but
    > we have to use
    > our brains, among other things, to apply it in the situations that
    > confront us in
    > the world.
    >
    > Shalom,
    >
    > George

    George,
    I've always had trouble with WWJD. Jesus would heal the sick, raise the
    dead, feed the hungry with whatever crumbs were available. I'm not quite
    sure how the principle behind the cleansing of the Temple would be
    translated into action relative to at least some of the televangelists.
    But none of these things are being done by our contemporaries.

    I note also that many of those who seem to subscribe to WWJD are adept at
    truncated quotations. "Judge not" is one of their favorites.
    Dave