Re: Lets fight fair.

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 09:08:34 EDT

    I agree to a small degree with Dick. I'm not saying that Johnson, etc.
    are not Christians however I have a grave concern if what I think I read
    is true. Is it true that Johnson agrees that, if evolution is true, then
    there is no God? I know that I read something similar in a book by
    Colson. It seems to me that this is really the height of stupidity. It
    seems to be the product of such pitiful reasoning that one has to ask
    "How much harm are these people doing to Christianity?" As the evidence
    for evolution continues to mount, many Christians will feel that science
    has indeed proven that there is no God --- the worst of all worlds and
    far more damaging than an incorrect scientific opinion like YEC.

    I think it would be better if such people would just declare themselves
    to be atheists and go join the other team. Do we really want
    widely-read, vocal people "on our side" so to speak? Why would it not be
    proper to publicly disavow them as people who are leading Christians
    astray? That does not say that they are not Christians, but just that
    they are doing such great harm by pitting science against religion that
    really don't want them on our team. (I guess that they would same about
    us; wouldn't they?)

    James Mahaffy wrote:

    > Folks,
    >
    > When I respond to a post of Dick's showing with citation from their
    > books that Behe and Johnson are more upfront in stating their positions
    > that Dick indicated, we get back a post that frankly I think crosses the
    > line on how we should deal with brothers regardless of how strongly we
    > disagree with them.

    SNIP.

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>