Re: Science and religion: two ways of knowing

From: Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 16:51:52 EST

    I also agree and disagree. It is possible to study relations, and indeed
    aesthetics, but that is not where the action is an in these areas. Relationships
    with spouses, friends, children, family, and even enemies are not primarily the
    subject of study, but of living. When we study them we are not relating and
    knowing relationally with other people, but carrying out a social science on a
    particular subject.

    However your point about diligence is well taken. our relationships require as
    much (well usually more) diligence than our academic pursuits, and are in the end
    far more God glorifying.

    Jon