Re: Science and religion: two ways of knowing

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 19:40:02 EST

    At 08:53 AM 02/04/02 +1000, Jonathan Clarke wrote:
    >If we are going to talk about different ways of knowing we must not ignore the
    >aesthetic or the relational. Neither of these are scientific, but all are
    >important.

    I agree and disagree.
      Aesthetics and relations are fields of study as well, therefor
    scientific. Don't limit studying (=science) to the physical sciences,
    whatever they are. They should be studied and are based just like physics
    on your stand before God. That is: we must serve God everywhere. That
    includes all areas of life and study. If you don't you come easily to the
    idea, that after my prayer in the morning, leaving the door the guidance of
    the Spirit is not needed. It is in all you work and studying. I will
    never understand (I tried for many years) that less study is needed in
    aesthetics or relations than in physics or mathematics.
    Jan