Re: The flood and the deep - rambling thoughts

From: Allen Roy (allenroy@peoplepc.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 20:48:55 EST

    From: <PHSEELY@aol.com>
    > You have asked the crucial question. Where did the water come from to
    flood
    > the world as described in Gen 6-9? In addition to my paper on Psalm 104,
    > which is not on the ASA website, I have recently prepared a second paper
    > showing that this is the
    > Achilles heel of creation science's global flood since there is no source
    of
    > water sufficient to flood the Globe to the extent that "all the high
    > mountains under all the heavens were covered" (Gen 7:19). That paper is
    not
    > in final form, but is close enough to answer your question. I will attach
    it
    > to your email, and will send it to any interested reader who requests it.

    Flood Catastrophists recognize that there is not enough water on earth to
    cover mountains to the depths of the Everest or any of the high mountain
    ranges or single mountains on the earth.

    Point 1. Because of that, Flood Catastrophists propose that the pre-flood
    geography was much different than today. The high mountains that exist now
    result from CPT (Catastrophic Plate Tectonics) which shoved up the mountains
    (in general). Prior to the flood catastrophe it is proposed that the
    highest mountains were likely less than 2000 meters high and represented
    less than 4% of the earth's surface similar to today. Most of the surface
    topography would be low rolling hills and slightly sloping "flat lands."

    Point 2. The catastrophe likely did not result from an over all increase in
    sea level. It is recognized that a storm of asteroids impacted the earth
    cause hundreds to thousands of mega-tsunami that swept further and further
    inland over the top of preceding tsunami waters. The large number of
    mega-tsunami from all directions would keep the flood waters from quickly
    draining off the flooded continents. Asteroid Impact mega-earthquakes
    would also induce tsunami which would add to the mix.

    Point 3. The asteroids impact forces could be the trigger for CPT that
    would also induce large tsunami activity. And associated with CPT it is
    proposed that the new ocean beds would rise, decreasing the depth of the
    oceans and displacing more water onto the continents.

    Point 4. I calculated that if water covered all land at 1000 feet (33 m)
    deep, conforming to surface topography similar to the way waves do after
    they have sweep ashore, it would take only 3% of the existing oceans to
    cover all land masses.

    Now if your article takes these point into consideration, I'd like to look
    at it too.

    Allen Roy