Re: The flood and the deep - rambling thoughts

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 15:26:28 EST

    Thanks again to Troy for bringing up relevant issues that
    need to be talked about.

    In Dick Fischer's book, he points out the archaelogical work
    that has been done in the area of the Biblical flood.

    Excavation has been done to original soil. The "flood mud"
    is clearly local.

    The Jewish historian Josephus tells of people who escaped to
    a nearby mountain to avoid the flood. He also tells of pieces
    of the ark becoming "souvenirs."

    I'm no flood expert. It seems to me the "mountains" are
    "hills." And, I trust that the accounts were recorded honestly,
    and protected by God.

    Jim