Re: Vernon's claim (2)

From: gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 21:04:58 EDT

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Vernon Jenkins wrote:

    > Concerning your closing comments: who are we to question what God deems
    > sufficient and appropriate revelation for any particular age?

    Vernon,

    I am not sure how to interpret the foregoing remarks. Do you believe that
    the Scripture was not completed in the first century and that additions
    made since that time and appearing in the King James Version are to be
    regarded as inspired along with the first century writings? If so, I
    disagree with you and note that you are going against the interpretation
    of Rev. 22:18-19 that applies it to all the Scripture written up to
    that time.

    Gordon Brown
    Department of Mathematics
    University of Colorado