Re: [ChristianDebate] Re: Interfaith support for American Muslims

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 14:02:48 EDT

    Mike wrote: "Blessings Burgy, These are the kind (of) testimonies we
    should hear more of these days. It can lead one to tears too. Thanks
    for highlighting it."

    I appreciate the post, Mike. It is one of only four I received which
    indicated any sort of approval, and I sent it out to 89 friends & family
    as well as to two LISTSERVs. I did get one substantially negative
    response, BTW.

    At worship yesterday, Mohammed Jodeh, leader of the Colorado Muslim
    Society and present at the prior reported events, spoke to our
    congregation (of about 800) briefly, with prayers for our common sorrow
    and support. Yes -- he was with us for the whole service.

    Among those who chose not to comment was my son, a Southern baptist
    minister. That was offset by my brother, a Lutheran minister, who
    reported on an interfaith prayer gathering in his home town in which he
    had a part.

    It is not "them" and "us." It is only "we."

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)