Re: Vernon's claim (2)

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 18:49:20 EDT

    Gordon,

    I think it important that we see these remarkable coincidences (which
    you believe 'somehow stand out from most of the rest of Scripture.') -
    as a facet of the wider OBC phenomena. In a recent email to Moorad I
    sketched a scenario - or 'Theory of Divine Intent' (TDI)* - that alone
    appears to provide a reasonable explanation of the totality of the
    empirical data. As a mathematician you will already be aware of the
    strength of my case - though you have yet to admit as much.

    I therefore suggest that a rebuttal of my claim re the English KJV
    cannot succeed until a reasonable naturalistic explanation be found for
    the whole body of OBC phenomena.

    Concerning your closing comments: who are we to question what God deems
    sufficient and appropriate revelation for any particular age?

    Vernon

    http://www.otherbiblecode.com

    * "That the Creator, in his wisdom, has underwritten his word with
    specific evidences of his being and sovereignty - these to be revealed
    at the appointed time (ie, now)."