What are most convincing anti-Christian tracts?

From: Joel Cannon (jcannon@jcannon.washjeff.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 10:15:25 EST

    Hello all:

    Ted Davis's comments about Andrew Dickson White's book brings up what
    I find to be an interesting question concerning anti-Christian writing.

    What books, articles tracts against Christianity do the people on the
    list find to be most convincing? This need not, of course, involve
    science (and in my opinion won't).

     We might add a second question asking what tracts are most effective
    because like advertising, religious arguments can be effective while
    having flawed logic or bad premises (which are accepted by the general
    audience). White was apparently quite effective but maybe less
    convincing to someone familiar with the data.

    I am interested to hear people's responses.

    Joel W. Cannon | (724)223-6146
    Physics Department |
    Washington and Jefferson College |
    Washington, PA 15301 |