intelligent design

From: Wendee Holtcamp (wendee@greendzn.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 16:26:15 EDT

    What the heck is this intelligent design theory anyway. I have heard
    it used for 4 years or so but have not the foggiest what it theorizes.

    Obviously it is promoted by certain Christian scientists. I know most
    will say "get this book" etc. But can someone give me a quickie
    explanation of what their theory is, and what parts of evolution they
    accept/don't accept? Do they believe that each species was "specially
    created" in its present form? Do they accept a YEC or OEC view, or
    both camps?

    Thanks for the quick insight...

    Wendee
      Wendee Holtcamp -- wendee@greendzn.com -- www.greendzn.com
             Environment/Travel/Science Writer -- Poet -- Photographer
            No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece
                of the continent, a part of the main. -- John Donne