Re: intelligent design

From: dfsiemensjr@juno.com
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 16:11:05 EDT

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:26:15 -0500 "Wendee Holtcamp"
    <wendee@greendzn.com> writes:
    > What the heck is this intelligent design theory anyway. I have heard
    > it used for 4 years or so but have not the foggiest what it
    > theorizes.
    >
    > Obviously it is promoted by certain Christian scientists. I know
    > most
    > will say "get this book" etc. But can someone give me a quickie
    > explanation of what their theory is, and what parts of evolution
    > they
    > accept/don't accept? Do they believe that each species was
    > "specially
    > created" in its present form? Do they accept a YEC or OEC view, or
    > both camps?
    >
    > Thanks for the quick insight...
    >
    > Wendee

    ID involves some form of OEC, at least among those I know. The simplest
    example comes under Behe's "irreducible complexity," which involves the
    direct introduction of the "mechanism" by something external to the
    natural causation. Dembski adds the claim that it is possible to detect
    ID as distinct from accident or causal sequence.

    Dave