Re: Thank you all/Gore Stories

From: Jeff Turboff (turboff@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 05:52:09 EDT

    I worked as an assistant on a show patterned after and produced by the same
    company as "Trauma: LIfe in the ER" and in order to get a feeling for the
    footage, they asked me to watch dailies from "Trauma" on my first day there.
    So I sat down there in front of the monitor with my sesame chicken noodle
    and watched the uncut dailies of a man being brought into the hospital for a
    self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. It was obvious from the first
    frame the guy wasn't going to make it, with a little of his blood and brain
    seeping out of the otherwise surprisingly neat little hole in his temple. He
    never had any vital signs from the moment they wheeled him in. I continued
    to eat, thinking, "This is bearable, I can handle it." In fact I didn't get
    sick. But that night I had nightmares, which I almost never do. Reflecting
    on what was so disturbing, I realized it wasn't the blood and gore. I see
    that stuff on the news nearly every day. It was the tragedy of the who's and
    why's behind the incident. He had done it cuz his neighbor didn't like the
    job he had done working on his car. The guy was a infantry veteran of the
    Vietnam War.

    Jeff "Turn On, Tune In", Turboff
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/editwiz