Re: Where was the ark

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 18:02:53 EDT

    Paul wrote:

    >The "mountains of Ararat (Urartu)" refers to mountains within the boundaries
    >of the country of Urartu; and that country centers around Lake Van.

    Just a quick appendum - no criticism intended. The word for "mountains"
    and "hills" is the same, so to say the "hills of Ararat" would be better.
    I say "better" because an ark could land on more than one hill, but could not
    rest on more than one mountain. So any particular mountain would be ruled
    out because that would be singular and the word is plural.

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago."