Re: Moving to Aberdeen

From: Inge Frette (inge.frette@geologica.no)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 13:06:14 EDT

    Hi Glenn,

    I just visited Aberdeen when the Gifford conference
    was held there two weeks ago. I got the chance to listen to lectures
    by Paul Davies, Michael Behe, William Lane Craig, Richard Swinburne
    and many others.
    It is a nice city and the area around is also nice. I think they call Aberdeen
    the Granite city - and that may be true because almost all the buildings
    seem to have been built with Granite.

    I work in a small geological company that is very much involved in
    research on the geology of the North Sea. I live and work in Stavanger which is
    called the oil capital in Norway like Aberdeen is in the UK.
    Aberdeen is almost as north as Stavanger, and I can confirm that during
    the winter it is dark almost 18 hours a day, BUT in the summer we have
    these long sunny evenings, and that is so great. Stavanger is not far away
    and there are at least 2 ASA members here (incl. me), and both are
    members of the ASA discussion group - just to let you know if you ever get
    to Stavanger and have time to meet some ASA-folks.

    I hope you will stay on the list - from Scotland.

    Regards from Inge

    Inge Frette
    GEOLOGICA AS Phone : +47 51 87 58 15
    P.O.Box 8034 Fax : +47 51 87 58 01