Great web site

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 17:05:21 EST

    I am not a scientist, just a laymen to whom the inadequacies of Darwinism
    seem so apparent that even lawyers can't help noticing them. I won't try to
    say more about the following web site, except to say I'm happy there are
    scientists not blinded by Darwinism, a hypothesis which has been an albatros
    hindering further understanding of evolution for more than a century.
    (Davison claims Darwinism doesn't even deserve the status of a theory.)

    Bertvan
    http://members.aol.com/bertvam

    http://www.uvm.edu/~jdavison/

    Just a couple of quotes

    . Macroevolution is largely finished.
    Sexual reproduction is incapable of supporting trans-specific
    (macroevolutionary) change. Accordingly, all significant change
    was produced presexually involving the first meiotic division.
    The essential feature of these changes was due not to micromutations
    in the genes themselves, but rather to the way in which those genes
    express their effects which is dependent upon their arrangement within
    the structure of the chromosome (position effect).

    No one denies the validity of Galileo's equation which relates
    the distance that a body falls to time, or Newton's laws of motion,
    or Einstein's equation relating energy and mass. Why then must one
    reject, as the Darwinians do, the suggestion that comparable laws
    exist or have existed controlling the living world? Everyone
    accepts gravitation and the equations associated with it, yet
    no one yet understands the cause of gravity. Accordingly, neither
    in religion nor in science does acceptance demand understanding.

    Nevertheless, the Darwinians continue to insist that evolution is
    the result only of chance events. Stephen J. Gould has recently
    compared evolution to a drunk reeling back and forth between the
    bar room wall and the gutter (Gould 1996 page 149). He has also
    described intelligence as an evolutionary accident. I will only
    comment that it was some accident!

    http://www.uvm.edu/~jdavison/ontogeny.html