Re: Great web site

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 23:41:41 EST

    >>>It smacks of cold-fusion ('they're out to get me!')

    >>> Susan: actually, I think the cold fusion guys bowed gracefully to the
    fact that
     their experiments were not repeatable and withdrew their claim.

    DNAunion: Actually, "cold fusion" is a scientific fact. The fusing of
    atomic nuclei does not require conditions similar to those found in stars:
    one does not have to drive a magnetically-contained plasma to immensely high
    temperatures, or employ any other extreme-temperature processes. By "simply"
    colliding many atomic nuclei together, scientists have been able to fuse some
    of them, creating heavy elements that are not found in nature. This process
    has been referred to as "cold fusion". Just thought I would mention the kind
    of "cold fusion" you did not and clear up any potential misinformation.
    Perhaps David Bowman could confirm, or reject, what I said about this.

    >>>Susan: but, of course, they were not trying to prove that physics does not
    exist.

    DNAunion: So Susan, who actually *IS* trying to prove that physics does not
    exist? Really Susan, think you could tone down the sarcasm and "humorous"
    insults and stick to facts?