Re: Why I don't reject ID

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 23:24:39 EDT

    > FMA: I have been searching on some of the terms you used:
    >
    > http://www.arn.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000177.html
    >
    > [FMA quoting me from another site] DNAunion: It also doesn’t seem to
    always
    > mess with a bad thing. For example, the most common protein on Earth,
    > RUBISCO, in addition to performing its useful carboxylation reactions in
    > the Calvin cycle, also catalyzes oxygenic reactions that have a negative
    > effect on plants. Yet, in more than 3 billions of years, random mutation
    > and natural selection could not eliminate the negative effects while
    > retaining the beneficial ones. Not that this “disproves” evolution in any
    > sense, but it is another example of its limitations.

    > DNAunion: I just started and the ground rules are fresh in my mind. Here
    is
    > one of them.
    >
    > >BOARD RULES: One final item about protocol: it is a breach of privacy,
    > good manners, and possibly copyright to republish something someone says
    in
    > one forum elsewhere -- especially if this is done with the intent to take
    > advantage or embarrass someone for a possibly hasty comment.
    >
    > DNAunion: Am I missing something, or is this not what FMA just did?

    >FMA: You mean did I intend to embarass you for a possibly hasty comment?

    DNAunion: It does not state that your intention has to be to embarass the
    person being quoted - it just says that having such an intent makes quoting
    them MORE wrong (that is what the "ESPECIALLY IF..." clause means).

    >FMA: Or did I mean to breach protocol or good manners? I do not believe
    that this was my intention.

    DNAunion: I could not have known your true intention - that is a personal
    thing only you could possible know for sure.

    >FMA: If that forum incorrectly portrays your opinion then I apologize and
    urge you to reformulate your opinion on this forum.

    DNAunion: In another thread at ARN, I openely admitted that I was not
    knowledgable about RuBisCO before delving into a discussion where several of
    my thoughts were shown to be incorrect. Thus I do not feel comfortable
    having material on RuBisCO presented here (as it deals with a subject that I
    openly admitted to not being knowledgable about).