Re: Why I don't reject ID

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 23:05:33 EDT

    In a message dated 10/1/2000 7:53:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time, DNAunion
    writes:

    > FMA: I have been searching on some of the terms you used:
    >
    > http://www.arn.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000177.html
    >
    > [FMA quoting me from another site] DNAunion: It also doesn’t seem to always
    > mess with a bad thing. For example, the most common protein on Earth,
    > RUBISCO, in addition to performing its useful carboxylation reactions in
    > the Calvin cycle, also catalyzes oxygenic reactions that have a negative
    > effect on plants. Yet, in more than 3 billions of years, random mutation
    > and natural selection could not eliminate the negative effects while
    > retaining the beneficial ones. Not that this “disproves” evolution in any
    > sense, but it is another example of its limitations.
    >
    > DNAunion: I just started and the ground rules are fresh in my mind. Here is
    > one of them.
    >
    > >BOARD RULES: One final item about protocol: it is a breach of privacy,
    > good manners, and possibly copyright to republish something someone says in
    > one forum elsewhere -- especially if this is done with the intent to take
    > advantage or embarrass someone for a possibly hasty comment.
    >
    > DNAunion: Am I missing something, or is this not what FMA just did?

    You mean did I intend to embarass you for a possibly hasty comment? Or did I
    mean to breach protocol or good manners? I do not believe that this was my
    intention. Nucacids had made some comments and I performed a search. The ARN
    website showed up as the first location (and one of the few) that discussed
    these topics.

    In my search I ran across what I considered an exchange in which the various
    issues were discussed. If that forum incorrectly portrays your opinion then I
    apologize and urge you to reformulate your opinion on this forum. I thought
    that the discussion on that forum was quite interesting. Actually I thought
    that your comment was quite appropriate although I disagreed with what I
    interpreted to be your suggestion that evolution should have eliminated the
    negative effect.

    If I embarassed you in any manner then I apologize and reiterate that this
    was not my intent. Quoting from other resources is something I do quite
    extensively and online resources are a major contributor to my knowledge and
    understanding.