ID vs. ?

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 14:39:29 EDT

    Chris
    >You keep repeating this litany of claims, and yet you have not provided any
    >factual support for any of them. And, I've pointed out the clear falsehood
    >of the last one on a couple of occasions. Mind, creativity, spontaneity,
    >and, to a lesser extent, free will, have all been dealt with by science. I
    >think you don't *like* the fact that this is the case, but it is
    >nevertheless true. Any decent library or bookstore will have a number of
    >books detailing research and results in this area.

    >Considering that you claim (at least by implication) to oppose dogmatism,
    >it is strange to see you being as dogmatic on these issues as you have been
    >since I joined this list nearly two years ago.

    Hi Chris,
    I agree than many materialists have tried to define mind, creativity,
    spontaneity and free will. I have no objection to materialists or anyone
    else being dogmatic on these questions, but as far as I am concerned they
    remain unexplained. I don't "dislike" the so-called scientific explanations
    I've read. I merely don't find them convincing. I simply add my voice and
    support to the minority of scientists (and others) who don't believe life
    evolved accidentally from inert chemicals and consists of nothing more than
    matter, acted upon by know, impersonal physical forces. I can live with a
    difference of opinion on the subject - without labeling everything with which
    I disagree "falsehood". Can you?

    Bertvan
    http://members.aol.com/bertvan