Re: ID vs. ?

From: Chris Cogan (ccogan@telepath.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 13:28:04 EDT

    At 09:10 AM 08/30/2000, you wrote:
    >Hi FMA,
    >
    >ID hasn't yet become dogmatic enough to have a rigid definition. My
    >definition is merely the conclusion that universe is the result of a rational
    >design, rather the result of random processes. It includes the belief that
    >life consists of more than matter and the impersonal physical forces we now
    >recognize. (mind, creativity, spontaneity, free will are forces science does
    >not presently know how to deal with)

    Chris
    You keep repeating this litany of claims, and yet you have not provided any
    factual support for any of them. And, I've pointed out the clear falsehood
    of the last one on a couple of occasions. Mind, creativity, spontaneity,
    and, to a lesser extent, free will, have all been dealt with by science. I
    think you don't *like* the fact that this is the case, but it is
    nevertheless true. Any decent library or bookstore will have a number of
    books detailing research and results in this area.

    Considering that you claim (at least by implication) to oppose dogmatism,
    it is strange to see you being as dogmatic on these issues as you have been
    since I joined this list nearly two years ago.