Johnson's complacency

From: Wesley R. Elsberry (welsberr@inia.cls.org)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 11:33:53 EDT

    Stephen Jones wrote:

    SJ>I don't think that most IDers believe in common descent but
    SJ>it might be fair to say that many IDers (including probably
    SJ>Johnson) don't necessarily disagree with it. For example
    SJ>Johnson seems untroubled that Mike Behe believes in common
    SJ>descent.

    Johnson's complacency concerning the beliefs of fellow ID proponents
    is, indeed, a wonder to behold. But Johnson's complacency over Mike
    Behe's mealy-mouthed I-see-no-reason-to-disbelieve-common-descent
    pales into insignificance compared to the complacency Johnson shows
    for Jonathan Wells' rather more enthusiastic belief that Rev. Moon
    is today's Jesus Christ.

    <http://www.tparents.org/Library/Unification/Talks/Wells/0-Toc.htm>

    I think trying to conclude that Johnson holds or does not hold any
    particular stance cannot reasonably be argued by his complacency
    towards others who hold antithetical stances. It simply does not
    follow.

    Wesley