Re: evidence and logic

From: Cliff Lundberg (cliff@cab.com)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 18:55:02 EDT

    billwald@juno.com wrote:

    >In a million words or less <G> would someone please explain why the old
    >discussions of dominant and recessive genes seem to describe what we see
    >in real life? Doesn't this require blending?

    Features vary according to the selection of genes affecting them, but the
    individual genes don't normally vary.

    >If the genetic factors are particulate then why do we have gradations of skin
    >color in humans?

    More than one gene is involved.

    >Why does white skin color appear to be recessive?

    A gene can be recessive genetically yet still become dominant in the
    sense of being preponderant within a given population.

    --Cliff Lundberg  ~  San Francisco  ~  415-648-0208  ~  cliff@cab.com