for Bertvan: evidence and logic

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 16:18:58 EDT

    Susan:
    >I strongly recommend you (and anyone else) read this little essay:
    >http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/modern-synthesis.html
    >here's a pertinent excerpt:

    Bertvan:
    Apparently you are itching for an argument, and I am sorry to disappoint you.
     I originally began posting on these boards because of the accusation that
    anyone disputing Darwinism was a religious bigot. When I say I am not even
    religious, you say you don't believe me. I see no point to a discussion with
    anyone who doubts my sincerity and motives. I find it patronizing that you
    keep telling me what Darwinism is. I read the entire talkorigins faqs
    several years ago. I know what Darwinism is, and I also know what most
    people think Darwinism is. I disagree with both. I do not believe macro
    evolution is merely a lot of micro evolution. I haven't heard an explanation
    of macro evolution that I find convincing.

    As to the arguments against "random mutation and natural selection", they
    have been made by people more articulate than I. I assume you have read
    them. Why should I repeat them? If I ever have anything original to say,
    I'll post it. When I get into a discussion, it is an attempt to fully
    understand someone else's point of view. Stephen patiently explains the
    arguments for ID much better than I could. My posts are merely meant as
    moral support for those people who find themselves attacked as
    anti-intellectual for questioning "random mutation and natural selection as
    an explanation of macro evolution", Darwinism or any other part of the
    theory. I also wish to add my moral support to those who argue that
    Darwinism has become a religion. I fully agree with Johnson when he says
    most of this debate is about philosophical naturalists trying to impose their
    religion upon everyone else as "science". I believe there could be room in
    science for ID.

    Bertvan
    http://members.aol.com/bertvan