Re: Scientists changing their philosophy to fit the data.

From: Richard Wein (rwein@lineone.net)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 12:59:15 EDT

    From: Loren Haarsma <lhaarsma@calvin.edu>

    >How justified are such accusations? Historically, the "scientific
    >majority" has, in the face of data, altered its philosophical commitments
    >quite a few times. I think it would be instructive to make a list of
    >such incidents.

    I hope you realize that IDers will use these as examples of how the
    scientific consensus was proven wrong. And if it was wrong so many times in
    the past, perhaps it's wrong again!

    For true scientists, admitting an error is a sign of intellectual
    integrity. For IDers, it's a sign of weakness.

    Richard Wein (Tich)